Deadline: Friday, February 16, 2018 @ 11:59pm
All applications must be completed online. You will be required to upload the following:
· Artist Statement – One Page
· Proposal Narrative – One Page. Proposal of exhibit must fit within the Library Gallery space: 56 linear feet of wall space, 160 square feet of floor space.
· Up to 15 images of previous work
· Up to 15 images or sketches of proposed works for consideration
The Norman Arts Council will feature one high school artist an exhibit in 2018. Artists will submit proposals according to the guidelines listed below for review by a selection panel.
The selected exhibit will represent the visual arts through craft, design, media arts, photography, paint, works on paper, digital arts, or sculpture. Performance art may be considered if there is an accompanying installation.
Featured High School Artist exhibits will occur in the Library Gallery within MAINSITE Contemporary Art.
All artists must:
• Have resided in Norman, OK for one year
• Submit an exhibit proposal
• Submit a digital archive of previous work done by the artist
• Attest that the submitted concepts, proposals and works of art are executed solely by the artist
• Be a junior of senior in high school.
Works for the exhibit may be executed in any medium or combination of mediums, which conform to the guidelines. Works must be suitable for viewing by all age groups.
At least thirty percent (30%) of the works in the exhibit must be for sale. All sales, including prints, cds, videos, books, catalogues provided by the artists are subject to a 30% commission to the Norman Arts Council.
The selection panel will evaluate the proposals based on the criteria listed below:
• Clarity, originality, and depth of the proposal
• Quality and originality of the work, based upon the examples provided
• Impact upon the development of the artist
• Feasibility of project completion.
Selected artist will receive a $600 honorarium for their project. This will be paid at the conclusion of each exhibit along with 70% of any sales.
(NAC reserves the right to adjust any deadlines as necessary)
Friday, February 16 @ 11:59pm - Deadline for submissions for featured artist program
Friday, March 2 – Selected Artist notified
April 13 – May 12 - Exhibition
All decisions made by the selection panel and the Norman Arts Council are final.
The Norman Arts Council reserves to right to use images of the artwork and photos of the artists in future marketing of projects sponsored by the NAC. As conditions of this permission, the NAC shall credit the artists.
All federal, state and local taxes on awards and sales are the sole responsibility of the awards recipient.
Entries void if NAC determines the entry to not be an original, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft.
The Norman Arts Council reserves the right to cancel any exhibit or awards based on a lack of qualified proposals. In addition, the NAC shall retain overall artistic control of the exhibitions to insure the quality and appropriateness of the public exhibits.
For additional information, contact the Norman Arts Council at 405-360-1162 or email@example.com.