O. Gail Poole Memorial Travel Award
DEADLINE: MAY 18, 2018 AT MIDNIGHT CST
Nicole Poole, in remembrance of her father, Oklahoma artist O. Gail Poole, established this fund. Administered by the Norman Arts Council, this fund benefits artists of demonstrated merit and ability, providing the opportunity and freedom of travel, which Poole so adored.
Funds may be used for travel for a specific project, fee for attending a professional workshop, or other travel needs to be considered in the selection process.
Norman Artist Travel Award - $1,500 awarded to an artist living in Norman, OK
Oklahoma Artist Travel Award - $1,500 award to an Oklahoma artist identifying with an ethnic, cultural, sexual, gender, economic or ability minority.
Recipient will be required to sign an agreement that the award will be used strictly for the travel purposes outlined in the Narrative Proposal of Use of Funds.
Applications for the award will be reviewed by a selection committee of the Norman Arts Council according to the policies of the Council and considering the following criteria:
1. Artistic excellence, originality and ability to produce a consistent body of work as evidenced by representation of past work in images and other supporting materials.
2. Thoughtful proposed use of funds.
3. Ability to act professionally and as a good representative of the Norman arts community.
All artists must:
1. Have resided in Norman, OK for at least the past 12 months.
2. Have resided in Oklahoma for at least the past 12 months.
3. Submit a completed application by May 18, 2018 via this website. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
4. Attest that the submitted works of art are executed solely by the artist
5. Be over the age of 18.
Submissions must be submitted electronically via this form. Paper submissions will not be accepted. Application must include:
1. Electronic Application
2. Artist Bio/Resume - Include a current professional bio or resume, emphasizing your exhibition and project experience. Past exhibitors may be contacted.
3. Narrative Proposal of Use of Funds - Include a description of how the funds will be used to assist in the professional pursuit of your artistic practice. If you are applying for the Oklahoma Travel Award, your narrative should include a statement of your diversity.
4. Images - Include a minimum of FIVE (5) and a maximum of TEN (10) images. Images should be in .jpg format with a minimum resolution of approximately 800x600 pixels.
5. Image ID Sheet - Include Title, year, medium for each image
6. Additional Support Materials
You may include additional materials that you feel will help support your application.
The Norman Arts Council reserves the right to withhold any awards based on the lack of qualified proposals.